Tuesday 27 May 2008

our cross

I would like to share the following story with you.

A young man was at the end of his rope. Seeing no way out, he dropped to his knees in prayer. "Lord, I can't go on," he said. "I have too heavy a cross to bear."

The Lord replied, "My son, if you can't bear its weight, just place your cross inside this room. Then, open that other door and pick out any cross you wish."

The man was filled with relief. "Thank you, Lord, " he sighed, and he did as he was told. Upon entering the other door, he saw many crosses. Some were so large the tops were not visible. Then, he spotted a tiny cross leaning against a far wall. "I'd like that one, Lord," he whispered.

And the Lord replied, "My son, that is the cross you just brought in."

When life's problems seem overwhelming, it helps to look around and see what other people are coping with. You may consider yourself far more blessed than you imagined.

That was what happened after I watched the testimony of Nick Vujicic, the man born without limbs. Tears rolled down my face the first time I saw this tiny man & listened to his inspiring testimony over Youtube. If someone who was born without arms & legs could testify that "God is good" and give thanks to God that "I am a miracle" and praise God that "I was fearfully and wonderfully made" (Psalm 139:14), I tell you it makes all my crosses look extremely small.

You must watch these videos. It will change the way you look at problems in your life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vY5Uo1PfZuY

http://www.wretch.cc/video/ritahsia&func=single&vid=2282608&o=time_d&p=0

nothing can separate us from the love of God,

sockkim

No comments: